Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Plans

In case you didn't know, I'm all about plans. I love plans, lists, and all that go along with them. I like to know exactly what I'm gonna be doing and when I'm gonna be doing it. Now, if something comes up, I'm totally fine with changing that plan. But I like to have a foundation. This characteristic of mine is kind of annoying when it comes to college. Of course, I keep my planner so everything is written down, and I can plan out my schedule for next semester, but I can only plan out so much. I can't plan out the rest of my life because I have no clue what's going to happen. Life is going to happen and everything will change.

What I'm getting at is that I have no clue what I want to do with my life and that drives me totally crazy. I'm so jealous of those that know exactly what they want to do and are working towards that goal. Since I'm such a planner, it bothers me so much that I don't have a plan for after college. I'm not gonna say it worries me. I try to steer clear of the word "worry" because it shows a lack of faith. But in actuality, that's what it is. Keep in mind, I want this blog to be totally real. So as important as my faith is to me, it's gonna have its weaknesses. My future is one of those weaknesses. It drives me absolutely crazy that I have no clue what I'm gonna do. And yes, that is a lack of faith in God. I'll admit that. But I'll also say that I'm working on it. And I'll be working on it until God shows me what He wants me to do with his life. 

Right now, I'm majoring in Child and Family Studies and planning on minoring in Religion. But what am I gonna do with that? NO CLUE. I'm leaning towards 2 things right now:

-Adoption
   My ultimate goal would be to make adoption a less expensive project. Not quite sure how I would do that yet, but I think it'd be amazing if I could. If one family is willing to give up their baby in the hopes of a better life for it and one family is willing to take in the baby and care for them and love them, then it really shouldn't be as expensive as it is. It baffles me.
-Family Ministries
  Growing up, I was always in church. Being in church all the time gave me a foundation to stand on once I got old enough to make my own decisions with my faith. My faith has gotten me through everything and I think it'd be amazing to show God's love to families and their children. 

Like I said before, I have no clue what I want to do. But I do that I want to help people. And I want to show people the love of Christ. Mix those 2 together and it'd be perfect. So that should get me through right?

3 comments:

  1. So what about your plans to do the 30 day blog challenge? Where did that go ma'am? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how did I end up following you twice? I guess that just means I doubly love your bloggy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted it!!! I got bored with it haha

    ReplyDelete