Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 12- What I believe

If you know me at all, you know for the most part what I believe. I'm very forward about my beliefs and I try to show what I believe more than voice it. Although when the opportunity arises, of course I'll talk about it. But I think a major part of living out my faith is my actually living it and doing everything I do for Christ. Okay so lets get down to the nitty gritty. 

I believe Jesus Christ died for me. And I believe that Christ is the one person I can count no matter what. As much as I want to believe that people won't let me down, they do. But Christ is the one that is always there and will never let me down. No matter what. When I first accepted Christ when I was 7, it seemed really simple. But as I've grown up and matured, I've come to realize that Christianity is not an easy life. Is it worth it? Of course. But it can be really hard to give up everything in your life to Christ. Every single thing. But I've realized that it's the only thing to do in order to get through life in one piece. 

Now don't get me wrong, as hard as it sometimes to surrender everything, living life for Christ is amazing. Think about it. Not only do you have your biological family, but you have your family of God. A second family that is always there for you and will be there to pray with you, rejoice with you, and cry with you. This is one of my favorite hymns. I LOVE the lyrics because it's so incredibly true. My church family has helped shape me into who I am today. I think a lot of people don't think about lyrics until they actually see them written down so here ya go.


I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
The Family of God.

You will notice we say "brother and sister" 'round here,
It's because we're a family and these are so near;
When one has a heartache, we all share the tears,
And rejoice in each victory in this family so dear.

I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
The Family of God.

From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King,
No longer an outcast, a new song I sing;
From rags unto riches, from the weak to the strong,
I'm not worthy to be here, but praise God I belong!

I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His Blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
The Family of God



I LOVE it!! Anywho, Christ is my savior and always will be. I can't imagine my life without my faith. I just want to shake all those that don't believe in Christ and tell them how awesome it is. How rewarding it is. And how much it will change your life.

My grandpa always told us this and it has stuck with me throughout the yeras. If we're wrong about our faith, what do we have to lose? But if non believers are wrong about Christ, think about all they have to lose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment