Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 8-A Place I've Traveled

Honduras

Hands down, Honduras was the best trip I've ever taken. Mainly because it was an awesome, God-filled trip. But the land and things I saw were just amazing.

Isn't it beautiful?!
I remember walking off the plane and looking around and just being in awe. It was land like I had never seen before. It was totally amazing. The week we were in Honduras was one of the most important weeks in my life. Like any mission trip, it made me realize how much I am blessed. But on top of that, it made me realize that as a Christian, I need to live life with an urgency to spread God's word. The people and especially the children that we met that week were amazing. The children were so happy. Not just like a temporary happy, but they were joyful constantly. And when you look at what they live in and what they have, your first thought is "how can they be happy?" But then you realize that they don't base happiness on material things.  How awesome is that? These kids would seriously give you anything they had. They even tried to give us money. Us! It completely floored me.The first day of VBS, I really struggled because I wanted to give these kids everything I possibly could. But I couldn't. By the end of the week, I realized that I can't give them everything, but God can. And He will. I'll never forget the last day of VBS. We were all giving the kids hugs as normal and they would ask us if they would see us the next day. The past 2 days, I said yes of course. But that day, I couldn't. It was so hard to try to explain to them that we weren't gonna be back the next day but we were praying for them. None of us wanted to leave those kids and I know we're all still praying for them and thinking about them. I also went with pretty much the best group of people ever. God definitely moved our hearts that week and we grew some much closer as a group. If you ever get a chance to go on a mission trip, I highly recommend it. It will totally mess up your world. 

That is my friend Nicole. She's pretty awesome and I'd do anything to get to go back and give her one more hug.

Also, if you're looking for some new music, listen to Gungor. They're amazing. It's just raw Jesus music!

No comments:

Post a Comment