Friday, March 16, 2012

Sports. And other ramblings

It's March Madness time!!! Who's ready for endless hours of basketball?? This girl is! I've got 2 brackets going and right now it's going pretty decent I would say. It's still early so there's time for one team to lose and kill my whole bracket. I guarantee this will happen. It always does. Baylor won their first game in the tournament though! It wasn't pretty, but they pulled it off. I love my Baylor Bears, but I do not have them winning my whole bracket. Sorry boys. Have I said lately how much I love sports? I can't even explain why; I just love them. For instance, in my car right now I have a baseball bat, tennis racquet, tennis balls, and a football. I just love them all. I love watching them, I love playing them, it doesn't matter. Is it an obsession? Maybe. But it's a healthy obsession so I don't see a problem with it.

Spring Break has been amazing and it's so close to being over :( I've been able to see friends, go to the beach, see family, eat yummy food, sleep, and just relax. I had absolutely no work to do over the break so I haven't even thought of school since I left last Friday. Yesterday, a friend and I were talking about how time consumes everything we do. We live life day by day and hour by hour. We know how much time we're going to spend on each homework assignment and we have lined up what we're going to do after that assignment and for how long. It just consumes our lives as students. There's also no way to really get out of this. We have to get stuff done and this is the way to do it. But we realized that we wake up and by the time we go to sleep, the day has passed us by so quickly and we didn't even do anything really substantial. Then we wake up and get things done the same way the next day. It's a vicious cycle. That's another reason I love being home. My mind doesn't work this way when I'm home. I just live my life. I don't have anything set in stone or any assignments I have to do. It's very relaxing.

I'm in a tennis tournament this Saturday playing mixed doubles with my dad so that should be interesting. I'm pretty sure everyone else in the tournament is way better than I am, but we'll see. It's just so nice to be out on the court playing multiple times a week again. It's so therapeutic. 

By the way, I'm addicted to this game on my phone called Draw Something. If yall have it and need someone new to play with, my username is erin.albin. I have to warn you, I try my absolute best, but a lot of the time, it still looks like a 6 year old drew the picture. I apologize in advance.


Have a great week, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment