Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back to Reality

Spring Break is officially over and has been for a few days now. The last few days of Spring Break were pretty great. On Saturday, I was in a mixed doubles tournament with my dad. I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda nervous about it. I played tennis in high school for 2 years but due to my back problems and problems with the coach, I didn't play my junior and senior year. This semester, I'm in a tennis class so I've been playing more. Tennis is actually like my therapy. I can be having an awful day but when I'm out on the court playing, it disappears for awhile. Anywho, the tournament actually went really well. We won 3 matches and lost 1 so we ended up getting 3rd overall. Not bad seeing as my dad and I had never played together before. 4 Tennis matches in one day is a lot of tennis when you're not used to play tournaments. The tournament was really fun, but it was super frustrating to me. I knew I could have played A LOT better than I did but it just wasn't working. In my last match, I couldn't even get my toss right for my serve. It's literally just tossing a ball into the air and I couldn't get it right. So frustrating! Overall, it was a lot of fun to play with my dad and against all his friends out there; even if I could barely move that night. 

It's been tough getting back in the swing of actually working. Instead of refreshing me and giving me energy, Spring Break just reminded me how awesome Summer is and how not awesome school is. Just a few more weeks and I'll be done! Thank goodness. I went to advising early in the week and decided on which classes I'm taking next semester and I'm actually super excited for them. For the most part. I'm taking Neuroscience, Greek, Theories of Family Development, Individual and Family Financial Management, and Christian Ethics. I'm excited for Christian Ethics but I know it's probably going to be really frustrating as well.  

My sister and brother in law are coming to Waco this weekend and I'm excited to see them. I'll spend Friday and Saturday with them, and then Sunday will consist of church and writing a research paper. Fun stuff. There's some pretty exciting things going on right now, but we'll see where God takes them. Who knows! I'm slowly figuring out that this isn't my life to live; I'm living my life for Christ so He gets the final say. I might not like it, I might not understand it, and I might be afraid of it, but I've gotta listen to it. Even it if it means going against what I thought the "plan" was, I gotta have faith. It's a hard lesson to learn and I'm still learning it. By the way, I'm looking for a job in Rockport over the summer(that doesn't involve working in a restaurant) so if you know of anything, please let me know!


 Is that not the cutest cat ever? 
I just really liked this and figured I would share :)

Yall have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment