Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

I'm alive!!

I'm warning you now, I'm gonna break one of those rules. This post is probably going to be really stinkin long. I might even split it up into 2 different posts. But who knows. 

Thanksgiving Break was definitely needed and I soaked every second of it in. I started my break watching Baylor beat Oklahoma which was one of the most exciting things EVER. I can't even try to put into words how pumped we were to beat them. 1. No one from Texas likes Oklahoma. No one. 2. They were ranked 5 and no one thought we would beat them. IT WAS SO EXCITING!!! Any who, Thanksgiving break was filled with family, friends, food, and lots of laughter. On Tuesday, I was able to go to my old workplace and see the guys I used to work with and catch up with them which was really nice. Courtney and Justin got in Tuesday night and the rest of the week was mainly family time.

We at our Thanksgiving lunch with my dad's family at my Aunt Anna's house. I LOVE having a big family on my mom and dad's side of the family and especially around the holidays. We had about 25 people with us for lunch then after that we went to the other side of the family and spent the evening with them. I actually value my life so I decided not to go Black Friday shopping. Friday morning I had breakfast at Arandas(yum!!!) with Mrs.Garcia. Which I enjoyed so much!! Friday night we played Just Dance for about 2 hours. I'm not gonna lie, I get into it and I frequently win. Am I good? Probably not. I probably look absolutely ridiculous. But I have fun. I'm just too white to be good at dancing. But you see, I already have some bad back problems so dancing for this long was not a great idea. I'm laying down with a heating pad on my back right this moment because I can't do anything without it hurting. Oh well. I also watched Baylor beat Tech on Saturday!! That game was one of the most frustrating games I have ever seen. *Disclaimer* If you are a Tech fan or you went to Tech, don't hate me for what I'm gonna day. I absolutely despise Tech. Think about it, do you know anyone that is a fan of Tech that didn't go there? I can't think of anyone. They play flat out dirty. If you want Baylor fans to hate you, give our Heisman candidate quarterback a concussion with a dirty hit. We'll hate you forever. Ugh, stupid Tech. But it's okay! Cause we still won and we did it in a classy way!

I told this was going to be long. Feel free to stop reading, I won't be offended at all. Actually, I'll never know if you do haha

Sunday was church! When I come home, I can hardly wait for Sunday so I can go to church with my church family and worship with them. Nothing can replace that feeling. Walking in the church and knowing that this was what made me who I am and that the people there love me for who I am. After church, I had to come back to Waco :( I guess just because I was home for more than a weekend this time, but it made me realize how much I LOVE being home and being around everyone.  It was definitely hard to come back. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Baylor. But as Dorothy says, "There's no place like home!"
*That Wizard of Oz quote was probably really lame. I apologize*

I have one more major point then I'm done, I promise! Putting aside things I have learned in my classes, I've learned one main thing at college this semester. Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. I've heard this all my life but I always just associated it with staying grounded in high school and things like that. But now it means more to me. I didn't want to leave Rockport, my family, my church, and my comfort zone. But I knew it was the right thing to do so I did it. Being 5 hours away has been hard, but I know this is what I'm being called to do. Life isn't always easy. 

I have classes the rest of this week and on Monday, then a few dead days for studying, then finals and I'm done for a month!! 


If you actually finished this, thanks! I appreciate it! Also, I want a new hairstyle, so if you find one, lemme know. I'm totally bored with my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment