Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 15- A Bible Verse

How can I possibly pick one Bible verse? Simple. I'm not. I'm gonna pick 3 or 5 or 15, I haven't really decided yet.

Verse 1
John 3:30- "He must increase, I must decrease" Like I've said before, I try to live my life by this verse. It's all about living life for Christ and not for worldly things. 

Verse 2
Isiah 40:8- "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever." I love this verse because it's saying that no matter what, God will be there. Everything on Earth can die or fade away, but God won't. He's the only one we should put our trust in.

Verse 3
Mark 15:39- And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how He died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God."  This verse never really hit me until this year in Christian Scriptures. We were studying the Gospels and the different stories in each one. I love this verse because this man was most likely one to arrest Jesus and put him on cross. But once Jesus was crucified, the man realized that he was wrong. Jesus really was the Son of God. I just think it's a moment of clarity within some of the people. It just proves that God can change the heart of anybody at any time.

Verse 4
Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." This verse gave me some hope when I didn't know what to do with my future and with college. I hate not knowing what I'm doing after college, but I like this verse says, God has a plan for me and I have to trust that.


Side note- I'm really stinkin bored. I'm pretty sure like half of campus is gone for Thanksgiving and there's absolutely nothing to do. I just wanna go home already!

No comments:

Post a Comment