Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas!!

Christmas 2011 is officially over :( but it was super fun! Courtney and her husband got in Friday night then Joey got in this morning at 9:30. For awhile, we didn't think he was going to be able to come at all, so I was so happy he's here even if it's only for about 2 days. I absolutely love Christmas time. LOVE IT. I especially love being around allllll of my family (I have alot of it in case you weren't aware.)

Saturday afternoon we decorated gingerbread men with Mommapops (my dad's mom) with some of my cousins. This is a tradition that has been in place since forever pretty much haha. I remember doing it every Christmas of my life so far and it just wouldn't feel like Christmas without decorating those gingerbread men! Plus, they are sooooo yummy. Although my decorating skills haven't improved since I was about 4 years old, it's still a fun tradition. Then, we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. I also really love the Christmas Eve service because there are so many people there with their families. I love seeing all families of church members in town for Christmas and seeing everyone so happy. Scott also preached a pretty dang good sermon! After that, we went to my Dad's aunt's house to spend Christmas Eve with his family. I think there ended up being about 35 people there. We ate some yummy food, ready the Christmas story from the Bible, sang some Christmas songs, and opened some presents. It was a fun time had by all. I'm pretty sure we barely made it home in time to get to bed before Santa came.

We had to change our Christmas morning schedule a little bit because Joey wasn't getting in till that morning but we were all more than happy to do so because we just wanted him here! While Justin and Courtney had Christmas with his family and my dad went to get Joey from the airport, my mom and I got the house tidied up a bit and cooked our share of Christmas lunch. As soon as Joey was home, we started opening presents. Unlike most years, I really had no clue what I was getting this year for Christmas. I was very pleased to find a Keurig coffee maker under the tree!! I will definitely put that thing to good use. I also got the complete series of Boy Meets World and Dawsons Creek, some other movies, some books(including Josh Hamilton's autobiography), a pair of cute Toms, and 160 gb ipod. I was always a Zune owner, so this is my first time having an iPod. Right now, it's converting all of my music into the right format, but that's okay because I now have an iPod! After our family Christmas, we went to Wawa and Papas (moms parents) to do Christmas with them. First we opened MORE presents then we ate lots of yummy food. My mom's aunt and uncle were also with us, which hasn't happened in a while, and it was really nice to be able to spend Christmas with them as well. The rest of the day was spent playing with our new stuff and sleeping. Christmas can wear someone out! 

Tomorrow, we will do Christmas with Mommapops and Pops and have lunch with them. It's so great having so much family in this small town and it's pretty awesome that we get to spread the holiday into 3 days! And for dinner we are going to have beans and rice at my Great Grandmothers house. I absolutely love this house and I rarely have the opportunity to go there. It's in old Rockport and there's just so much family history in it. Wawa grew up in that house and my mom spent a lot of her childhood playing with cousins at that house. There's just so many good memories soaked into that house!

I'm planning on enjoying every last minute of Rockport until I have to go back to Waco in a few weeks. I hope yall had an awesome Christmas as well and just remember that Jesus is the reason for the season!
I know that line is a tad cliche, but it really is true!









By the way- I don't know if yall have noticed, but I added things to the left side of the my blog! If you look over there, you'll notice a funny cat picture of the day and an interesting thought to ponder. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment