Monday, October 8, 2012

Direction

Remember that internship I mentioned a few posts back? Turns out it wasn't the place I needed to be at. For the past 4ish years, I was planning on going into Family Ministries after college. This awesome opportunity fell into my hands and I was so excited and just took it. The thing is, the internship wasn't right for me. Which I hate to say, because it was such a great opportunity and it was such a great program. I feel like I'm called to work with the family unit as a whole and specifically with parents. Don't get me wrong, I love working with kids. However, as a career, I feel called to work not just with children, but with the whole family.

That being said, I'm not positive about what I'm going to do after college other than go to seminary. I know I am called to work in Christian Ministry but I don't know what specific part of ministry. I don't know whether I'll work in a church setting or out in mission work. I don't know what I'm going to do. However, I'm not worried about it. Did you hear that, people!? I'm not worried about! It hit me last night that this is the first time in my life that I don't have an exact plan for something and I'm not completely freaked out by it! Now, I know what some of you are thinking. I know what some of yall are saying, "well that's lack of direction. She's in college and she has no clue what she's doing with her life? No bueno." Yall probably don't say no bueno though, huh? I don't think it's lack of direction, though. I think it's faith. I DO know what I'm doing with my life. I'm following Christ and I'm trusting that He'll guide me.

Does this mean that I'm just going to sit here stagnant all of college cause I know God's got this? Heck no. But I know that as I work in different ministries and feel each of them out, that I'm not alone in it. God will lead me to where I need to be in the long run anyways. I'm not worried about it and few things could make me more happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment