Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blessed


Everytime I go home for a few days, I realize just how blessed I really am. I've always appreciated the awesome things in my life, but it seems that when I'm home, everything is magnified. It's probably because now that I'm in Waco, I see how important these things really are to me. There are a few things I noticed this trip that I love with all my heart and some things I dislike. 


Things I love


1. My group of 2nd Mommies
I have a group of ladies that I absolutely adore. They are all Christ loving women that I love being around. This last trip home, I got to spend a lot of time around them and it made me so thankful for all them. Some of these ladies have known me literally all my life and a few of them I've gotten to know over the past few years. It's so comforting to know that I can call any of them and they'll be there for me to talk to. It's just so great to know that they're all back home praying for me and supporting me in all my endeavors. 


2. FBC Rockport's dedication to missions
This month, the church is focusing on mission work. Ever since I went to Honduras about a year and half ago, it's been brought to my attention how important mission trips are. I urge every Christian to do some time of mission work. Whether it's something local or something international; it's sooooo important. The Sunday I was home, we had a few people talk about their experience with missions and it's so encouraging to know that people in the church have a heart for sharing Christ with the world.  Going along with that, I'm officially going back to Honduras over Spring Break and I couldn't be more excited about it!!

3. Small town vibe
If you know me at all, you know I'm a small town girl at heart. I absolutely love it. While I was home, I ran into someone I knew literally every place I went and it made me SO happy. I know some people love big cities where they can blend in with everyone and do their own thing. Not me. I love seeing people that I know everywhere I go in town. 

Things I dislike

1. Humidity
Growing up, I never had a problem with the 200% humidity that Rockport experiences. My hair was never frizzy and it had no problem staying straight, I didn't think it was extra hot, and my skin was never oily. Now that I'm up here in the "dry" land, I can't handle humidity! I go home and my hair frizzes and won't stay straight, for the first day I'm there, I can't cool down, and my skin gets so oily. It's like 18 years is completely cancelled out by a year and a half. It's funny because people in Waco will mention how humid it is and I'm just like "ummmm no, you don't even know humid. This is stinkin dry." 

2. Baylor Defense
I guess I should say Baylor's lack of defense. Our football team is driving me crazy this season. I think it's mainly just because I was spoiled my freshman year with RG3 and his awesomeness so now that's what I'm used to. Our offense is pretty decent this year, but with no defense, it's killing us. Games we should be winning, we lose by a small margin. Plus all the scores of our games are crazy high basketball-like scores. If we had a defense at all, we would easily win. 

I think if the only things I can complain about are humidity and football, then I'm a pretty blessed person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment