Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wait, What?

Remember a few months back when I said I was one of the most well-behaved rebellious people you will ever meet? Well, it's true. If someone thinks I can't do something, I'll probably do it just because they told me not to. Had everyone pushed me to go to one college, I would've completely shut it out as an option. That's just how I work. On the other hand, if a person with authority tells me to do something, I'll do it. That's where the well-behaved part comes in. So when I told people I wanted to try and cut meat out of my diet for 2 weeks and they told me I couldn't do it, well I had to prove them wrong of course! Yes, you read that right. I'm a vegetarian for the time being. I'm not planning on doing it forever. I started this past Wednesday and I'm planning on going meat-less until I come home next weekend. I actually rarely eat red meat. My diet pretty much consists of only chicken. Surprisingly, it's been fairly simple so far. I'm not craving meat or anything, I'm just tired of being limited on what I can actually eat. Thankfully one of our dining halls on campus has pretty tasty vegetarian options. On Friday I had eggplant Parmesan for lunch and a veggie chimichanga for dinner. Pretty yummy! For the record, I'm not doing this to go on a diet and I'm not doing this because I think it's wrong to kill animals. I'm simply doing it to prove to myself and to others that I actually can do it.

Change of subject.

As most of yall know, I live with my cousin Briana and I'm not gonna lie, we have a blast. Tonight we were playing Just Dance 2 and things got a little crazy. We were doing a hip hop song and our we had a little collision. Our elbows hit soooooo hard I'm pretty sure the people across the hall could hear it. I immediately fell to my bed and Briana was bent over in pain. Our arms went numb, all our fingers were tingly and numb, and Briana felt like her hand was on fire. It was the worst thing ever. But because we're quite giggly people, we were also laughing hysterically. We literally could not breathe because we were laughing so hard but we also could barely move our arms. It was quite the scene. Our neighbors probably think we're crazy but oh well, we have fun. And hurt ourselves pretty badly in the process.

I thought I'd share a few songs with yall that I have become obsessed with. Be careful, once you hear them, you will want to listen to them nonstop. Not only is the music good, but the lyrics are very powerful and so easy to relate to. Be sure and listen to each of them, trust me, they're good!




Funny story: I wore a new pair of jeans today and when I went to go shower, I realized that they had turned my legs blue. Like actually blue. I looked like I was turning into an Avatar or a Smurf. I was in the shower forever scrubbing off layers of skin to get my skin back to it's ghostly white color. 

Yall have a good week!


The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.

Isaiah 40:8.
It's that just an awesome verse!? Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment