Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Honduras

I can't believe that exactly one year ago, I was in Honduras. It seems like so long ago but I also can't believe it's already been a year. I sometimes forget all the valuable lessons I learned while I was in Honduras. Every once in awhile, I stop what I'm doing and go back and read some of the things I wrote about right when I got back from Honduras. I need a daily reminder of how that week changed my life. Going to Honduras gave me a sense of urgency in spreading God's word to the world. I know that I'm called to share Christ to everyone on a daily basis. The thing I remember most about Honduras is the children that we met at the school in La Canada and at Destino. These children were the most loving and joyful children that I've ever met in my life. The children at La Canada literally had next to nothing, yet if they were given anything, they wanted to give it away to someone else. I remember being overwhelmed the first day we met those children because I wanted to give them everything I had. I wanted to hand over my money to them. I soon realized that they don't need the money or the possessions. They were so happy and joyful because they knew Christ; that's all they needed. The hardest part of the trip was leaving that school on Wednesday and having to tell the children that we would not be back on Thursday. I also loved being at Destino which is a children's home in Honduras. This place is literally a little piece of heaven among complete poverty. The scenery is gorgeous, the kids are precious, and the people running it are Christ-centered people. I would do anything to go back there and see all of the children just one more time. 


The mission trip to Honduras was also so impacting to me because of the group that we had. I honestly could not have asked for a better group of people to share that experience with. Now, even a year later, I'm still growing closer to the people that went to Honduras.
















Just reliving my trip to Honduras makes my heart ache to go back! That week was one of the most heart changing, draining, and exciting weeks of my life. It put me out of my comfort zone some, but I think God calls us to go out of that zone. If any of you get a chance to go on a mission trip, I urge you to do it. It is such an eye opening experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment