Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to the Wack

Summer is officially over for me as I head back to Waco tomorrow morning. I'm pumped to finally be living in an apartment with Briana but I'm definitely dreading moving in. Since I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn, I really should be packing. I figured I've been packing for the last 24 hours, I can take some time off. It seems like this summer has gone by crazy fast. Despite that, I've learned a few things.


1. It's imperative to have Christian friends. You have to have friends that you can call up and just be like "hey I need prayer. I'm struggling with this and I can't handle it alone." I've also realized that God removes friendships that aren't healthy for you to be in. When He takes those friends out of your life, He puts new and amazing friendships back in. 
2. I'm a master at making chocolate chip pancakes. Every once in awhile I would make chocolate chip pancakes for the kids I nanny for. Not to brag or anything, but they were pretty awesome. There was even talk that they wanted to eat them for every meal. It was a sad day in the house when we ran out of chocolate chips.

3. I absolutely love working with kids of all ages. I was a nanny for a 4 year old, 8 year old, and 12 year old. Along with that, I went to camp with middle schoolers. With every age group, there's different things I love. This summer just reaffirmed that I'm in the right field of study.
4. God has plans for my life that are way better than my own plans. At the start of the summer, I had plans. I love plans and mine included summer school, working, and just enjoying summer. Almost immediately, I knew the summer thing was not going to work out. Del Mar was a pain to work with and made it impossible for me to take classes. Then, I couldn't find a job. I spent hours driving around town dropping off my resume everywhere I could think of. Many different times I thought I had found something, got all excited, then it fell through. After many weeks, resumes, and tears, I got a call from a family in town. They needed a nanny. It was definitely an answer to prayer and I absolutely loved working with the kids. 

I'm excited about this upcoming semester and I'm super excited about having an apartment. Also, please please please keep my friend Stratton in your prayers. He was playing in a basketball game last night and most likely tore his ACL and MCL. He's already signed to play basketball with Dallas Baptist in the upcoming school year. It makes me sick to see him injured like this. Pray for healing and for God's will in this whole situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment