Friday, September 30, 2011

Home

How could you not love this place?

I'M GOING HOME TOMORROW!!!
Most people my age can't wait to get out of Rockport and get on to bigger and better things. In my opinion, there are few places better than Rockport, Texas. I love being able to see the water, but more than anything I love that no matter where I go, I'll see someone I know. I might not necessarily know them well enough to talk to them, but at least I'll see a familiar face. I miss that in Waco. I love Baylor, don't get me wrong. But I miss being around people I know. I'm a 7th(possibly 8? mom?) generation Rockportian. And I take pride in that. Wawa(my moms mom) is really into history and mainly Rockport history. She has pictures that are sooo old and I find them fascinating. I could sit there for hours and look at them. They show were I've come from and how my family has evolved through the years. I love that. So obviously, one of the reasons I love going home is so I can see all my family. I have tons of family in Rockport from both sides of my family. Sometimes, I feel like I'm related to half the town. But I love that!! My family means the world to me. I love getting together with them and just spending time with them. 



This is another reason I love going home.
That picture is from my sister's wedding but i thought it was a good picture of the sanctuary. I LOVE my church. I missed my church family and just the church in general as much as I have missed my actual family. I love coming home and going to church on Sunday and getting attacked(in a good way!) with people hugging me. See, I've grown up in this church. My grandparents, parents, and sister were all married in this church. Not necessarily this church building, but a church isn't just the building. I remember the old church and I remember going to the church building now while it was getting built. My dad and I walked into what would be the choir room and stood there looking around. It was at the point where it was enclosed but not much else and I remember that it was so amazing!  I'm not sure why that one memory sticks out but it does. My church family has influenced me more than I think they will ever realize. There are so many Godly people that I look up to and they have kept me straight in my walk with Christ. I know they pray for me, love me, and support me no matter what. I honestly can't even put into words how much they mean to me. I love walking into the church at any time and knowing that everyone there loves me. And I definitely love all of yall too!
So in short, I'M COMING HOME THIS WEEKEND! 

Verse of the day: Even though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not see him now, you believe in him. You are filled with a glorious joy that can't be put into words.
1 Peter 1:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment