Saturday, February 21, 2015

Community

At the beginning of this semester, I could sense that a lot of changes were coming my way. Even though I was staying in Waco, I was starting a new chapter in my life. I had heard rather intimidating things about attending seminary, so I was a little nervous. However, my prayer for the semester was community. I was praying for community at Truett, at church, and within my friend group. I was also praying to see how each of those smaller communities fit into the Community of God. The Church. Big C Church. I made this my daily prayer. I prayed for true friendships and relationships. I prayed that each individual community would strengthen each other and glorify Christ. 

It's been almost 2 months since I've been praying about this and it has been SO cool to see how God has answered those prayers more than I could have ever imagined. Shout out to Ephesians 3:20 for that one. 

" Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"

I've seen God work in my group of friends here in Waco. It's been so cool to see how He has molded our group into the solid friend group it is today. From chick fil a runs to watching the Bachelor (don't judge), to laying in my bed late at night to calm me down when I'm having a freak out moment about a boy, my friends are seriously the best and I know God had a hand in that.

I've also seen God work in the community at Truett. Because I started in the Spring semester, our orientation group was a lot smaller than the regular orientation group in the Fall. However, I feel like we're a pretty close knit group. We're all in classes together and it's been such a joy getting to know each of them. At Truett, we also have Covenant Groups which are pretty much just small groups created to focus on our spiritual formation throughout our time at seminary. To be honest, I was a little worried about Covenant Group. I had heard that they were very hit or miss depending on the group. However, I have absolutely loved my group. There's only 4 of us plus our leader but we are such a diverse group of ladies. We are all different ages with different backgrounds, faith stories, and struggles. It's been incredibly encouraging to know that I have people praying specifically for me during the week. 

Lastly, I've seen God work with the community at church. Throughout undergrad, I had been going to a local church but hadn't been super involved. I missed the community that comes from a church family so I decided to get more involved. I found a class for young adults and then through that class, found a weekly Bible Study that was starting. Even though I'm still on the fence about Beth Moore Bible Studies (don't kill me, church ladies), I've loved having a group of girls that I meet with every week and study scripture with. The study is on Daniel and it's been really interesting. 


All of that being said, I've seen God go above and beyond these past 2 months. He's answered my prayers and even did it rather quickly which is even better since I can be rather impatient! I went into seminary very hesitant and doubtful about it. However, I have absolutely loved how everything has gone this semester and I couldn't be happier. My prayer will now be for these communities to strengthen and grow in Christ so we can better serve Him.

 And now it's time for the first round of tests so I have been doing lots of studying, reading, and lets be real, a lot of procrastinating. So I will be spending my weekend studying! Please come soon, Spring Break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment