Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wait, life is moving on?

Like I've mentioned before, I'm at this weird stage in life where I'm experiencing life in two different places. I have my Waco life, Waco friends, Waco home, and Waco church. And then I have my Rockport home, Rockport life, Rockport friends, Rockport family, and Rockport church. When I left for college, I thought I would have no problem having two seperate lives but as I'm growing, I'm realizing it's not that simple. And honestly, I'm not quite sure how to handle this. Let me explain.

About 3 weeks ago, something hit me like a ton of bricks: My Rockport life is moving on without me. Can you believe that?! Just kidding. I know it's super selfish. I didn't truly believe that Rockport life would stop when I left, but I didn't take into consideration how it would affect me. I've only been gone 2 and a half years. That's really not that long in the grand scheme of things, but in those short two and a half years, I've gone from knowing every single person in the church to not even knowing some of the leaders. I don't know half of my Sunday school class and they don't know me. I don't know everyone and everyone doesn't know me. I walk into church and see a ton of faces that I don't know.Which is good because that means First Baptist Church is gaining new members and our current members are sharing Christ to the community. But how did I go from someone that was involved in every church activity to a visitor that shows up on holidays and weekends every now and then?

Now, I know people in my church are reading this. Them reading it shows that I have church family that loves me no matter what stage of life I'm in. And no matter how selfish I am about things. And let me assure yall, my feelings about this have nothing to do with the people in my church. It has to do with my heart. It has to do with me trying to figure out how to keep my heart in Rockport while also living my life outside of Rockport. So how do I give my heart to both of these places? How do I stay connected with my Rockport church family that has shaped me into who I am today as well as connecting to my Waco community that is continually shaping me?

No comments:

Post a Comment