Thursday, March 7, 2013

Figuring it out

When I was in elementary school, I remember thinking, "Man, when I'm 20, I'm gonna have it all figured out." I just knew that I would fulfill all my hopes and dreams by the ripe age of 20 years old. I really did think that by this time in my life, I would know who I was gonna spend the rest of my life with, I would know what my career would be, and I would have life all figured out. You know what? I know absolutely none of those answers to those questions. None. I haven't found "the one", I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, and I certainly don't have it all figured out. However, I've recently figured out that no one has life all figured out. But you know what?


It's okay! 


I don't have to have it all figured out. I don't have to know what my life plan is. When it comes down to it all, it doesn't matter what my plans are. I'll admit, I have huge expectations for my life. I dream about where I want to be in 20 years and I dream big. I want to help families. I want to show them the love of Christ. I want to bring people to Jesus. I want to be married to a man that loves Christ more than He loves me. When my life is finished, I want to hear God tell me, "Well done, child." Honestly, those dreams slightly freak me out because they're big. 

However, those dreams are NOTHING compared to what God has in store for my life. My dreams are big but God's dreams for me are bigger. 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment