Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spring Semester

I've officially been to all of my classes and I have to say, I'm pretty excited about my classes! I say that now, but ask me in 2 months, and I might have a different answer. So here's all you'll want to know about my classes this semester...

Nutrition
I'm not too terribly excited about this class but I'm also not dreading it. The teacher seems really nice as most of them are in the Family and Consumer Science department. Embarrassing story time. On the first day of class, I went into the room, sat down, got my binder out, and then realized I was in the wrong class. I'm a junior, people!! I should not be going to the wrong room anymore! So once I got to the right room (on time, actually!), I was able to actually get a feel for the class. 

Introduction to Ministry
I already LOVE this class. First off, there's only 13 of us in the class which is always great. Then, instead of desks, we sit around a big round table in comfy chairs. Then, my professor told us that he is going to take our class out to dinner(and pay!) in the next month so he can get to know us all outside of the classroom setting. How awesome is that?! I absolutely love Baylor professors. In the class, we get paired up with a minister in town that goes along with the ministry we are going into. For that internship, we spend 3-4 hours a week with that minister getting hands on experience in that field. Super excited about it!

British Literature
Bleh. Not my thang. However, the professor seems super nice and he's very passionate about the subject. I can tell that he desperately wants us to love the literature just like he does. Still. Bleh.

Child and Family Policy and Advocacy
This class is for my Child and Family Studies major so I already love it. I love the professor and I love how he runs class. He's very laid back and really wants us to learn the material and be passionate about it. As a class, we also get to take a trip to Austin for a conference on Family Relations. And we get to track a bill throughout the semester to see the whole process. I think it'll be super interesting! 

Family Stress, Transition, and Resilience
I'm super excited about this class! The professor that teaches it is my adviser and I've had her many times before and I absolutely love her. Once again, it's a Child and Family Studies class so I'm already in love. The class is very open and there's a lot of discussion so I think it'll be really interesting.


In case you weren't aware, it's stinkin cold up here. Not just like chilly, but painfully and miserably cold. I was walking to class today at 12:30 and the wind blew ice out of the tree and onto my face. Umm excuse me, I grew up in South Texas, this girl is not used to this cold nonsense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment