Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Am I rambling?

Alright yall, I'm giving it another go. I'm still kinda in a blog funk, but we will see. This post is going to be very unorganized, I already know it. I have a few things I need to get down on paper (ehh screen?) but they aren't related at all so the post in general is probably going to be everywhere. Hang in there with me yall! 

I was in Austin this past weekend spending some quality time with my sister. First off, have I said recently how much I love that she lives so close now? LOVE it! Anywho, we were on our way somewhere and we saw this short guy running across the street. We waved him on and he just kept running. We soon found out that he was running to catch the bus that was about 50 feet from us. The bus started to pull away as we yelled, "NOOOO!!! RUN LITTLE MAN!!!" Thankfully, the bus stopped and he was able to jump on. That's when a thought hit me. We were so enthralled with this guys life for one minute then he got on the bus and that was it; I'll never see him again. When we go about our daily life, we come in contact with people for just a few short moments and then they're gone forever. It just kinda made me realize that I have to use those few short moments to show love. What if I'm having an awful day and someone passes me and I subconsciously give them a dirty look? That's the way they remember me. I have just a few moments to brighten up their day. If I waste those moments, I won't ever get them back. 

Like I've said before, I feel the need to be in control of situations and that can get in the way when it comes to surrendering everything over to Christ; which is a necessity. I've also mentioned before that one of my fears has always been that I won't find someone to spend my life with. Maybe I hadn't mentioned that. This is awkward. Oh well, you know now! Anywho, about a month ago, I realized that this isn't in my hands and that I have to surrender this over to Christ or the outcome won't be good. So I started praying about it and slowly put surely, I could tell that I was handing it over. Let me tell you, this is SUCH  a relief. It's so nice to not have fear about relationships. I know that Christ has got it covered, and who else could do a better job? And now that I have surrender that over, God is doing some things with the whole situation and it's pretty awesome.

On a lighter note, I only have one more week of classes then I'm done with my first year at Baylor! This semester has absolutely flown by and it's crazy to think I'm almost finished! I just have to survive finals.  I'm planning on doing a summer class online and finding a job somewhere. So know of anyone hiring?? I don't want to work in the food industry, but other than that, I'll take a job anywhere! Tomorrow, we have all day off so all classes are cancelled! We  have this thing called Diadeloso, which means Day of the Bear for all of you non spanish speakers. There's activities all around campus including concerts, food trucks, and CAMEL RIDES! It should be a fun time! 


I hope yall are having an awesome week! Here's a funny video in case you aren't having a good week or you just need a good laugh. You seriously can't watch this and NOT laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment